IAOM has partnered with Lancaster County Career & Technology Center in Mount Joy, PA in the development of a 3-day electrical training course to be offered as one of IAOM’s valuable educational programs this fall. This course will be held August 14-16, 2018 at the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center in Mount Joy, PA. The agenda will be patterned after the spring course, and will include a variety of topics related to electrical knowledge in the mill environment. Training topics include:
- Electrical Energy and Sources of Electricity
- Static Electricity and Magnetism
- Electrical Safety
- Voltage, Current and Resistance, Ohms Law, The Power Law, AC and DC Currents, Meters
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- Electrical Symbols and Diagrams (Simple Circuits)
- Electrical Circuits (Series, Parallel, Combination)
- Reading Electrical Diagrams (Pt. 2, Buss and Ladder Diagrams, Complex Circuits)
- Fuses, Circuit Breakers, Overload Relays
- Single Phasing (of 3-phase motors)
- Motor Starters and Control Relays (Control Feedback)
- Reversing Circuits
- Transformers (AC to AC and Diode Rectified AC to DC)
- Motor Starter Circuit Troubleshooting
- Electric Motors, 3-Phase, Single Phase, DC
- Causes of Motor Failure
- Wiring a Motor Starter
- Troubleshooting of Components/Circuits
Working with real world components, students in this “hands-on” electrical training course will learn how to identify electrical problems plain and simple. This 3-day electrical troubleshooting and knowledge building training was created to bring students up to speed in their electrical skills as quickly and safely as possible, and it was designed to cover the most commonly performed electrical troubleshooting tasks mill staff face in their job every day in a flour mill. For the novice or experienced electrician, this training course provides a no-nonsense, practical and real world systematic approach to electrical troubleshooting. Make an investment in your company’s future by attending IAOM’s Electrical Training course.
Course Fees: IAOM Member – $900 | Nonmember – $975
To apply for a course, please register online.
Class sizes are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received without payment will be placed on a waiting list. Confirmation as a participant in each course will be sent upon receipt of payment. Please do not make travel plans that cannot be easily canceled until you receive notice of confirmation or cancellation, which you will receive no later than four weeks prior to the course start date.