IAOM has partnered with Cowley College of Arkansas City, KS in the development of a 3-day electrical training course to be offered as one of IAOM’s valuable educational programs this spring. This course will be held March 12-14, 2019, at the Cowley College Campus in Arkansas City, Kansas, in the Walker Industrial Technology Building at 209 South 4th Street. The agenda will include a variety of topics related to electrical knowledge in the mill environment. Training topics include:
- Electrical Energy and Sources of Electricity
- Static Electricity and Magnetism
- Electrical Safety
- Voltage, Current and Resistance, Ohms Law, The Power Law, AC and DC Currents, Meters
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- Electrical Symbols and Diagrams (Simple Circuits)
- Electrical Circuits (Series, Parallel, Combination)
- Reading Electrical Diagrams (Pt. 2, Buss and Ladder Diagrams, Complex Circuits)
- Fuses, Circuit Breakers, Overload Relays
- Single Phasing (of 3-phase motors)
- Motor Starters and Control Relays (Control Feedback)
- Reversing Circuits
- Transformers (AC to AC and Diode Rectified AC to DC)
- Motor Starter Circuit Troubleshooting
- Electric Motors, 3-Phase, Single Phase, DC
- Causes of Motor Failure
- Wiring a Motor Starter
- Troubleshooting of Components/Circuits
Working with real world components, students in this “hands-on” electrical training course will learn how to identify electrical problems plain and simple. This 3-day electrical troubleshooting and knowledge building training was created to bring students up to speed in their electrical skills as quickly and safely as possible, and it was designed to cover the most commonly performed electrical troubleshooting tasks mill staff face in their job every day in a flour mill. For the novice or experienced electrician, this training course provides a no-nonsense, practical and real world systematic approach to electrical troubleshooting. Make an investment in your company’s future by attending IAOM’s Electrical Training course.
Course Fees: IAOM Member – $900 | Nonmember – $975
To register for this training, go to the IAOM Online Store and select the Lancaster or Cowley Electrical Training item, depending on which location you wish to attend.
You may also apply for a course using our online form here to register online. Be sure to select the correct location under the heading, IAOM Mill Training Courses.
Class sizes are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received without payment will be placed on a waiting list. Confirmation as a participant in each course will be sent upon receipt of payment. Please do not make travel plans that cannot be easily canceled until you receive notice of confirmation or cancellation, which you will receive no later than four weeks prior to the course start date.